5 reasons to binge-watch The River on Showmax - and how
If you’re one for show-stopping, thrill-by-the-minute, can’t look kind of entertainment, then best you start binge-watching The River on Showmax.
The River one is helluva an addictive telenovela with cliffhangers, plot twists, and drama that will keep you glued to your screen from episode one to the very latest episode. The discovery of a diamond worth millions of rands forces two families from completely different backgrounds to collide in an action-packed telenovela.
For those whom Lindiwe Dlamini rings a bell, they’ll tell you that she’s NOT one to be messed with. Those who have tried to double-cross her have learned the hard way. Her controlling and manipulative ways have seen people jailed, people losing their lives and bloodshed. She’ll literally squash, bribe and kill her way through anything and anyone.
2. The Mokoena family
Now here’s one family who even through the hardest times, still manages to find the silver lining and make viewers ROFL. The matriarch of the family, Malefu will keep you laughing with her quick comebacks while her first-born son, Cobra A.K.A Cobrizi, (the black-sheep of the family) will keep you rewinding the TV with his benglish; which as far as he’s concerned is of the highest calibre. Dimpho, the youngest, is just like her mother - feisty and with no filter.
3. The plot twists and drama
The cliffhangers and drama are like nothing you’ve ever witnessed on Mzansi soil. One plot twist after another will keep wanting more and won’t stop until you get the answers you’re after.
4. The juxtaposition between the rich and poor
The River is more than just a telenovela. You’ll get to see life through two opposing views – the rich Dikana family – who on the surface seem to have the best of everything life can offer. And the Mokoena family, who though struggling to make ends meet, find happiness in each other.
5. Tumi Mokoena… Or should we say Tumi Dlamini
From the very first episode, we were introduced to Tumi Mokoena, played by Larona Moagi. Abandoned at a young age, Tumi was adopted by the Mokoena family who raised her as their own. She’s grown up to be as feisty as Malefu, and a straight-talker who doesn’t back down from an argument – like Lindiwe. She also leaves us with so many questions, like whose child is she anyone?
Why don’t you judge everything for yourself? All episodes of The River are now available on Showmax. Whether or not you’re a DStv subscriber, you can get access to ALL The River episodes and much more. Here’s how:
If you’re a DStv Subscriber:
- Go to www.showmax.com.
- Sign up to Showmax with your email address.
- Create a password.
- Choose “DStv Add to Account” as your payment method. This will add Showmax to your DStv bill.
- Enter your SA ID number.
- Confirm your mobile number.
- Enter the OTP received on the mobile number you entered to verify your account.
- Start watching your favourite shows now, either through your connected Explora, on your laptop or PC, or through the app on your smartphone or tablet.
If you’re not a DStv subscriber:
- Go to www.showmax.com/signup.
- Sign up with your email and create a password.
- Select a payment method to start your 14-day free trial. If you cancel within those 14 days, you won’t be charged. After the 14 days are up, you’ll be charged R99 per month.
For more information, visit Showmax at www.showmax.com.